Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sand...

Remember as a kid when you would go to the lake or beach and play in the sand? I remember it being a wonderful experience full of fun. Somehow my feelings have changed about sand as I have grown up and have experience sand as a mother rather than a child. Where it used to be a creative medium, now it is just a messy inconvenience when going to the lake. Trying to get kids in the car without tracking sand everywhere is a task I have not mastered. Is it even possible to keep all sand in the sandy area? Maybe this says more about me and my need for order rather than actual sand. But when I am trying to wash off sandy feet, hands, hair, and other unmentionables, I just think, why is this fun? I cannot think of anything more uncomfortable than sand in places sand should not be! And yet, it does not seem to bother children. They run around and sit and play as if they do not have small granules of sand rubbing and chaffing in various places on their little bodies.

I will continue to go to the lake and I will continue try to master the art of keeping sand contained to the sand area. And I will do this because my kids love it! One thing sand does have in its favor is that it is very photogenic! So here is my attempt at trying to learn to appreciate sand. I do have to admit, it does look good in photos.





Jackson Tyrrell"s head. Body buried by Grace, Lucy and Ashley Tyrrell

4 comments:

Brenna said...

Nice pictures! Jackson is very digusted and wants to know why Grace is all dirty. A tip about sand...use baby powder when you rub the sand off...works great!

Wendy said...

Great photography! Looks like such a fun day at the beach. Too bad sand is such a kill joy.

Norris Fam said...

Love the photos...looks like a blast! You were never one to shy away from a water adventure, and your kids WILL love you for it!

Cabin grandma said...

you used to love sand and everything that goes with it! Too bad you had to find out the real truth! I especially love the little mermaid Grace. Great pictures!