Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Allowable Speech Impediments

I love how kids turn everyday words into something so much more creative. For example, for years Noah and Grace called breakfast "breafakst." and Noah called fruit snacks "noot nacks". Grace still has a hard time with the word "regular" as she says "reglear." Or a few of my personal favorites "ciderpickle" for motorcycle (nephew Ty) and "schlocate" for chocolate (niece Olivia).
Lucy has recently added to this fun list as she calls an elevator "the alligator". But today's speech impediment may be the best yet! Here is how the conversation went:

Lucy: Mom, will you hand me the hannah montizer?
Me: The what??
Lucy: The hannah montizer!
Me: The what???
Lucy: THE HANNAH MONTIZER!
Me: I don't know what that is.
Lucy: You know, the stuff to clean your hands?!?!
Me: Oh! The hand sanitizer?
Lucy: Yeah! The hannah montizer.

Love it. I have banned Noah and Grace from telling her the real word. From now on at our house hand sanitizer will be referred to as hannah montizer.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I am laughing out loud. That is absolutely adorable and hilarious! Thanks for the laugh.

Brenna said...

Very cute...I remember Noah's noot nacks. One of my favorites from Jackson is "tooth paint" for tooth paste!

Cabin grandma said...

you moms should get together a write a book. That's great! I too laughed out loud!

Jeppson Clan said...

I LOVE the hannah montizer! A new favorite.
While in San Diego, my boys thought Palm trees were Pom-Pom trees. There is no way I was going to correct that either. They are only little for so long...
Hannah Montizer... ha ha