Monday, May 19, 2008

Bitter Sweet Moments

We are always so proud of our children when they reach milestones. We cheer and congratulate them on their accomplishments. I have always loved watching my kids experience new things and accomplish new tasks. But there is something different about child number 4, the caboose of the family. Jake has started rolling over and while this is a great accomplishment, it also marks the end of the newborn stage. He can no longer be placed on couches or beds. He has to be buckled in his bouncer, (ok, so I am admitting what a bad mother I am in these last 2 sentences. I don't always buckle and I do put my babies on the couch!!) He has also begun holding toys and wanting to be entertained. And so it is bitter sweet as I love watching his personality grow and I know sleeping through the night is just around the corner. But I will miss the newborn stage. I will miss the smell of a newborn, the sweetness and simplicity. The tiny fingers and toes and the diapers the size of his dad's hand. I will miss how he would sleep in my arms and how his whole body would fit on my lap. There is so much to look forward to. But I will miss the newborn stage.

5 comments:

Amber M. said...

Hooray, little Jake! Way to go!

Totally feeling your pain. Josh is growing just too fast.

Jeppson Clan said...

I'm tearing up reading your post. I know exactly what you mean. I've been like that with every little thing Ridge does.
It's fun to see Noah with Jake. Great video, I'm glad you figured it out, did you have windows movie maker?

Brenna said...

Noah is such a good big brother and Jake is so cute! He is growing up fast.

Norris Fam said...

I'm with Jamey, totally tearing up! What a sweet, sweet baby!

Cabin grandma said...

he is working so hard to turn over! I can't believe he is actually that big. I too, always miss the newborn stage. I just love babies!