Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Camping Clusters

A new snack has been born....

Recipe:
1 package of Sam's Indulgent Trail Mix
A hot car
A cooler with partially melted ice

Directions:
Leave one bag of Sam's Indulgent Trail Mix in the window of a hot car with the sun beating down on it until the contents have melted together. Once melted, place in cooler until melted pieces reform, creating a nice coating around all ingredients. Remove from cooler and break up into clusters. Serve!

This is the best trail mix ever! Here is what it says on the bag:

"A decadent sweet and savory dream of white chocolatey drops, chocolate drops, peanut butter drops, golden raisins, cranberries, almonds, peanuts and cashews."
You may be thinking this is a joke. But I can assure you it is not! This may just be the best snack ever created. I encourage you to try it. However, I think next time I will put the ingredients into small baggies before placing them in the hot car to melt. That way they are already in individual clusters!
Caution: Very messy. Wipes needed.

4 comments:

Amber M. said...

Um, Yummy?? Divine? I'd say so. Aren't you smart:-)

Wendy said...

Sounds heavenly. I'll be sure to try some. Is the other little girl Jill's daughter?? Cute kids.

Cabin grandma said...

savory dream? sounds too good to be true! We will have to try this one.

Holly Ogden said...

I don't know how the trailmix got in a cluster so fast!Don't blame me for that