Monday, September 27, 2010

Day 69




This morning when the kids left for school we made a plan for me to pick them up from school and head straight downtown to see some sites. Grace's friend Ashley had sent her a project that her class in Nebraska is doing called "Flat Stanley". The idea is to show "Flat Ashley" around the city you live in and then send her back home to report to the class what she saw. So we decided this would be a good day to get some pictures to send back to Nebraska. After school I picked up the kids and we realized we had forgotten a few things at home. So we made what was supposed to be a quick stop but what turned out to be a real downer. I was running in and out of the house in a hurry and ended up rolling my ankle on the stairs. It hurt really bad. I thought I should probably not go anywhere because it was so painful, but the kids were in the car, they were ready to go. So I put on a tennis shoe and tied it up really tight and headed out the door. Well, 2 hours later my foot was killing me and was nice and swollen. So we headed home and to make a long story short I ended up calling Jeff and Brenna to help me get to the ER for xrays and to take care of my kids while Aaron was in class. Results: Not broken but a severe sprain. I left the ER on crutches with the dr. telling me it was going to be this way for 4-6 weeks. Lesson learned: slow down.

5 comments:

Melanie Rae Gibson said...

Hey! We are reading Flat Stanley in my classroom right now. What a fun project.

Crowntown said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your ankle. Anything for the kids right? Your pictures are cute!

Cabin grandma said...

good lesson learned...i guess. Sorry! I love the pictures! See, you are a true photographer and good mom and friend. Even in pain, you get the picture!

Whitney said...

fun flat stanley idea! Oops! Sorry about your ankle!

Allens, Inc. said...

Heavens! Flat Stanley has graced our family several times. It's a good excuse to do something really fun and special though. Glad Grace lived it up. Sorry about your ankle. I feel your pain, literally. Sprained mine badly playing soccer with M and some friends. It still isn't quite the same almost 9 months later. Bummer. A good excuse to get some good reading done though...