Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Lucy Day

Yesterday was a Lucy day. I have been feeling like she gets overlooked sometimes in this crazy household and so I was trying to make a special effort to play with her. We started with building a fort to eat our snack in. Lucy's new favorite snack is apples dipped in caramel and pb. So we headed into the fort to eat and decided we needed a picture.

Now you will have to excuse my appearance. It was also my cleaning day and so I had not showered and was trying to fit in a few cleaning jobs while still playing...so I know, I look lovely.
After our snack and books, we decided to do Lucy's hair and take her picture. So we did.


She is such a babe.
The rest of the day was nonstop Lucy fun. We played store, read books, colored and she chatted with me ALL day.
It was a great day!

12 comments:

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

She reminds me so much of you when you were little, Holly. What a cutie!

Norris Fam said...

Great idea! I bet she was in HEAVEN!

Thanks for leaving me a birthday message...YOU ARE the BEST!!!

Wendy said...

What a good mom. She looks so much like you. She even has that mischievous look in her eyes.

Melanie Rae Gibson said...

So great! I love the cute hair. Cute Lu!

OggieDoggie said...

Yea, Lucy! I wish I could play in the tent, too. It looks fun! Love you all! Grandma O.

OggieDoggie said...

Yea, Lucy! I wish I could play in the tent, too. It looks fun! Love you all! Grandma O.

Crowntown said...

What a fun day! I don't know how you juggle it all. You're such a great mom!

Luella said...

She is adorable, what a cute idea!

Whitney said...

how cute! that would be so fun if my mom had the time to do that. but that is good that you took time out of your cleaning day to be with her! she's a cutie! ( and holly, you don't need to worry about how you look. i don't think that anyone takes showers first thing on cleaning day...)

Brenna said...

That is so fun Holly...and her hair is cute! Way to go.

Dacia said...

She's so cute and you're such a fun mom!

Cabin grandma said...

nice job mom! she must have been in heaven!