Friday, November 7, 2008

9 Months

Time flies.



Jake is a food snob. He will not eat baby food and only wants a few bites of one thing and then he needs something different. He loves chicken nuggets and that is the only thing he will eat consistently. He had his 9 month check up this week and he has not gained any weight since his 6 month checkup. So I am determined to fatten him up before his next checkup. We'll see if he is a willing participant....my guess is no.


Now that he is so mobile. and so fast, he crawls to wherever I am to let me know he is not happy.
One of my new favorite things about Jake is that he has a fake cry! It is so hilarious. He closes his eyes, opens his mouth and scrunches up his nose and tries to make a crying sound. We laugh every time he does it. I haven't caught it on video yet, but hope to do that soon.

Jake recently discovered this little cupboard in my kitchen. It is the perfect size for him! He is quite adventurous and loves to climb the stairs. He still puts everything he sees into his mouth and lets me know when I need to vacuum.

Jake absolutely LOVES Noah. They wake up early together every morning and Noah gets him out of his bed and takes him downstairs to play. If Noah is in the room, Jake wants him. And I think we have decided that "Noah" is Jake's first word. He is only babbling, of course, but it sounds a lot like "Noah!"

Jake loves to give kisses. Noah is a good sport and wipes off the slobber.

8 comments:

Amber M. said...

Your children are so cute...and so sweet that Noah and Jake are buds. It's that way at our home, too.

Let's do an early lunch next week...maybe Friday?? What day is good for you?

Cabin grandma said...

I miss the kids already! Those pictures of Jake are the cutest ever.

Dacia said...

How sweet that he loves his older brother so much!

Crowntown said...

Everybody is getting so big! We can't wait to see you guys again! I love your new family photo.

OggieDoggie said...

I just wish I could give that cute boy a kiss! Actually both cute boys - and the girls too. I guess you'll have to do if for us.

Allens, Inc. said...

Those pictures are all frameable. I hope you do! It doesn't surprise me that Noah's Jake's favorite. What's not to love?

Melanie Rae Gibson said...

What a cute kid!!! I love the pictures!

Whitney said...

oh no! i can't believe it! he is getting too big!