Friday, September 5, 2008

Lucy's BIG Week!

This has been a very big week for Little Lu. On Wednesday she started preschool at the YMCA and she was so excited! Can you just see the excitement on her face? She could not contain herself as we went into her new classroom. She was giggling and I asked why she was laughing to which she responded "I am just soo excited!"

This is her new backpack that has been sitting by the door for the past 3 weeks just waiting to go to preschool! It is almost as big as she is...but she thinks it is perfect.

Well, after her first day, which was perfect, She had another big event to look forward to. Her first day of ballet/tap class! To top that, she had preschool right before and it was her day to take snack. Life just doesn't get any better for this 3 year old! Taking snack to preschool with ballet to follow is her dream come true. So with snack in hand she walked proudly into school smiling the whole way. When I picked her up after preschool she was still smiling as she told me they got to paint. (I had already guessed that was the activity of the day as she had paint on her face and elbows!) So we drove to her new ballet class and she changed in the car. I took her picture in front of the building (not the best background) and we headed inside. There are 6 little preschoolers in her class and they are all so so cute. She was in heaven! She came out saying she had 5 new best friends and I don't think she stopped smiling from the time she woke up this morning until we got home and had lunch.

Lucy has been waiting for a long time to be able to go to ballet. She has watched Grace go every year and has tried to learn every dance Grace learns. She is always wearing her leotard and skirt and starts dancing whenever she hears any sort of beat (even if it is just in her head!) So starting ballet is a HUGE deal and I think I am just as excited about it as she is. She is going to be such a beautiful ballerina and I cannot wait to see her on the big stage next spring!

6 comments:

Amber M. said...

She is just about the cutest thing EVER. I'm so glad that ballet/tap was a success...we love it there!

The Toronto Family said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!!!!!!

Norris Fam said...

I bet her Mama didn't smiling all day either! Happiness like that is contagious :)

Jonny and Amber said...

Oh, we love Lucy! She did have the best week ever. I love the pictures!

Wendy said...

Yeah Lucy!!!
Those last two pictures of her are priceless.

OggieDoggie said...

What a beautiful ballerina girl!. Wish we could see her dance. Maybe we will.