Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Jake is 7 Months Old

Jake has reached a few milestones at his 7 month birthday. The most significant one is that he is crawling!

He likes to crawl/walk with his right foot pushing off and his left knee moving forward.

It is time to baby proof!

He was so proud of himself when he crawled over to the stairs and looked over the edge! Time for a gate.

He has also had his first dress up session with Lucy. She made him "fancy" and he was a good sport through it all.

While he is still my greatest challenge, I love this cute kid! He still doesn't sleep through the night and I cannot get him to eat solid food. This kid just wants to nurse and he is very stubborn! He also needs my full attention at all times and makes it hard for me to get anything done. But we love him and the kids still can't keep their hands off of him! He has started babbling and says "dada". The kids are convinced this is his first word even though I try to explain he is just making sounds. I still love it that he prefers me and that when I pick him up he always gives me kisses. While I find myself wondering what to do with such a stubborn kid, I am so happy that Jake is a part of our family.

7 comments:

Wendy said...

I have this theory that the CUTEST kids are also the most stubborn and exasperating! They HAVE to be cute . . . to save their adorable little necks!
And he truly is SO SO gorgeous. I just want to hold him and get kisses again!!
I love the pictures.
And good luck with the stubbornness. It helps to blame Dad and Grandpa Bird for the stubborn genes. :-)

Jeppson Clan said...

I agree with Wendy's theory. Jake IS so handsome!

Stubbornness can be a good thing too. You can channel it into positive things. Matt was a very stubborn child (surprise, surprise) and his mom was able to use it for choosing good friends, word of wisdom, etc. Now I call him "Moses". (In a non-sacreligious sort of way of course!) :)

Norris Fam said...

If I lived next door, I would totally come and get this cute little stubborn thing for a while so you could get a few things done. Now whether I would give him back...that's a good question!

OggieDoggie said...

Grandma Ogden says...

What an advanced child! 7 months and crawling! - and playing video games, Wow! Wish we could see him. STRONG spirits are sometimes stubborn. Jake is one of those special ones, at least to us.
We are going up to Rexburg today for Joseph's baptism.

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

He definitely looks like a Bird!
I can't believe how big Noah looks going back to school. Wish we could have seen you when you were in town.
Your family is adorable.

The Toronto Family said...

I have to say, Aaron's cute face (my Aaron ha ha) is the only thing that keeps him around, because man he is a stubborn kid!!! and I'm finding that he is not growing out of it as I had hoped. What a cutie Jake is!!!

Allens, Inc. said...

Ahh, not crawling! Push him down whenever he tries! As far as stubborn, I think I understand where you're coming from... It'll pass, though of course, so will the days when you can pick him up whenever you want and he'll kiss you with no objections.