Thursday, September 18, 2008

Grace

Look at this sweet girl! Where has the time gone? She is so grown up and so beautiful. We were watching some home videos last Sunday of Grace when she was 1 years old. It seems like she is growing up way too fast. She has always been so cute with those full lips and beautiful eyes. We just love our Grace!
Here is an update. She is loving 1st grade and especially loves spending time with her friends. She has made some great friends at school and I am so grateful for that! She is getting really good at reading and spelling and I love helping her practice her spelling words after school. She has started swim team again and is such a great swimmer! Last night I was watching her do the butterfly and was so impressed. That is a hard stroke. She loves camping and riding her bike but also loves just relaxing at home. Grace is such a great helper and friend to Lucy. After school she is always sure to ask Lucy how her day was and how Lucy's preschool went. Then she takes Lucy in her room to play school. She is also so great with Jake. She loves to hold him and play with him and feed him. She is going to be such a great babysitter and mom!

Grace is also my little chef. She loves to be in the kitchen helping cook dinner and taste testing! She is going to make a great chef one day.
Grace is so fun to have around. She is happy and pleasant and makes a great shopping buddy! I feel so lucky to be her mom.

7 comments:

OggieDoggie said...

I was so glad to hear about Grace on your blog, because I was just wondering the other day how she was doing. It was great to hear that she loves swimming and is a good swimmer. Uncle Matt especially, and Uncle Jon too, were great swimmers and competed in many swim meets. I'll bet Grace could do that too. She sure is a talented and beautiful girl.

OggieDoggie said...

I was so glad to hear about Grace on your blog, because I was just wondering the other day how she was doing. It was great to hear that she loves swimming and is a good swimmer. Uncle Matt especially, and Uncle Jon too, were great swimmers and competed in many swim meets. I'll bet Grace could do that too. She sure is a talented and beautiful girl.

Dacia said...

She's so cute! That's awesome that she's such a great swimmer. She certainly has grown since the last time we saw you guys.

I wish we had pools here, so my kids could get better at swimming. Oh well, with all the beaches so close by--not!

Wendy said...

I love that last picture of her. She looks really old in it. She really does the butterfly? Amazing.

Norris Fam said...

It makes me sad to think of your kids getting bigger and not even knowing who I am (poor me)! I want to be their favorite friend next door!

She is so beautiful! What a nice post from a nice Mommy!

karaandcory said...

We can't believe how fast Gracie is growing up!!!

Cabin grandma said...

that was great! Love that Grace! she is so pretty!