Sunday, September 7, 2008

Catchin' Frogs

Whenever we visit my family in Idaho, the Moyes and Smith cousins are always out catching frogs and toads. Well, my kids have sort of shyed away from such adventures and I have wished that they would get over what seems to be a fear of toads and frogs. Aaron has also been hoping for one of his children to get as excited about animals as he is and has been waiting for the time when one of his kids would join him on a hunt for any type of small creature.
Well the time has come.
While camping last weekend we had a serious breakthrough with Noah.
This is hilarious.

We are so proud of you Noah!

The rest of the weekend Noah was on the lookout for frogs, toads, fish, and turtles. It was so fun to watch him get excited and it was even more fun to see Aaron finally have a hunting buddy! Noah and his friend Jackson went with Aaron on a few excursions to the pond to catch some critters. In the end they caught 10 toads, 2 turtles, a few frogs and some goldfish. They were so excited about their great catches, they insisted on bring them home. I was not so sure about this idea, but after seeing Noah and Aaron's excitement, I decided to let them do as they please. So I now have 2 turtles and some goldfish living in my garage in a fish tank. Thankfully the toads and frogs remained at the campground! Noah has loved it and goes out each morning before school to feed his animals. The turtles have been named Fred and Fluffy. (Noah informed me that Fluffy was named that because he had some hair on his neck and arms and legs...) Aaron plans on returning these animals to the wild as soon as Noah gets bored.

7 comments:

Norris Fam said...

That was funny! And I love you and Aaron laughing in the background...I haven't heard Aaron's voice for a long time and suddenly I remembered how DANG funny that guy is!

Oh and think seriously about the dog before you decide (believe me, I know)! They are not all as calm and gentle as the one in pictures, especially when they're puppies. I'm glad we have one, but sometimes they can strain your patience (not to mention the budget).

Melanie Rae Gibson said...

I love the video! Noah's laugh is the best! I also loved how the girls screamed and ran away. So funny! Good job with the capture Noah. :)

The Toronto Family said...

oh so Funny!!!!

Wendy said...

I was laughing out loud at that video. Aaron's comments were hilarious, and I love Noah's nervous laugh.
Just be careful what you wish for . . . you will have a zoo-full of animals if you are not careful!

Allens, Inc. said...

I laughed out loud. I think my favorite part was Noah's nervous giggle. What a darling boy. All of your kids are beautiful!

karaandcory said...

We loved hearing Noah laugh. So hilarious!!!

Cabin grandma said...

funniest thing I have ever seen. Good job Noah! he will be catching frogs at the cabin with Ty and Austin next summer! funny kids!