Thursday, August 14, 2008

First Day of School!

Look at my 1st grader!
3rd grade is very cool.
Getting ready for the walk down the hill to the bus stop. Lucy decided she needed her backpack and purse as well. So we loaded up the stroller and headed out at 7:30 am!
On the way to the bus. I am so glad that Noah and Grace have always been good friends. If you can't tell, in this picture they are holding hands. I keep wondering when Noah is going to decide he is too cool for his little sister. I hope that never happens!

I love it that my kids have each other! It makes things like riding the bus seem so much less scary when you can do it together!

We are all so excited for the start of another school year. It is such a blessing that we are able to have 3 years at the same school! Noah was especially grateful when he found out we were not moving and that he would be able to stay at the same school and keep his same friends. My kids love school and that makes the school year fun! They got on the bus Tuesday morning and I had to yell goodbye 3 times before Grace finally said, "bye mom". Noah never even looked back. I guess I should just be grateful they love to go and are not shy about it and not feel bad that they didn't want me to take them on their first day.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Ah, they look so big! And what is on Jake's head in that picture of all of them?? Cute kids.

Holly Ogden said...

Noah thought it would be funny to put Grace's ribbon on Jake's head...

Cabin grandma said...

another joy of being a mother! I cried looking at the pictures! How did you do? I was always a mess on the first day of school. the kids look so cute!

Brenna said...

I love that they are holding hands...that is so sweet. It makes me so nervous for when Jackson starts school. Good thing I still have two years to toughen up!