Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The End of Lazy Summer Days

The kids wanted one last party before starting school again. So we had 11 kids plus 2 babies running amuck in the backyard for a few hours. (ok, so the babies weren't exactly running) With donuts and chips and a few healthy snacks that no one wanted to eat and lots and lots of water! Noah and I filled 100 water balloons for this event. (can I just say I hate filling water balloons! The things we do for our kids...) We also filled up the pool to put at the bottom of the slide and had a sprinkler on the trampoline. It was quite the party and a great way to end our summer vacation!

The girls

The boys

Snacks on the porch

4 comments:

Norris Fam said...

Is it bad of me to say that I don't want you to have a party with any friends unless I can come too?

Did Aaron wear his party shirt?

Wendy said...

Ditto to Carrie's comment.
You are such a nice mom. Your kids are lucky.

Brian and Emily said...

Looks so fun. I'm with you on the water balloons. I made some today and by the end the bathroom sink has splash marks all over it, my face was wet, Mason and Sarah were crying because they didn't want me to let out a surprised scream any more which I must have done every time one broke. I think we made about 20 and broke about 30 trying to fill them up.

Cabin grandma said...

great party! are you lonely yet? only two kids! you are down by half during the day!