Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Hello from Hawaii

What do you do when you arrive in Hawaii and none of your stuff is here?


We went beach hopping. We explored 6 beaches in 5 days. We had a great time until everyone was sunburned.


So what do you do when all the kids are sunburned and your stuff still isn't here?

Crowd around a tiny dvd player and watch Sleeping Beauty for the billionth time while sitting on loaner wicker furniture.

And when you get tired of sitting in a big empty house but you are still recovering from your sunburn so you can't play outside yet? You go to the movies!




After a week and a half, we were all very excited to see our stuff arrive!


The movers pulled up with Hawaiian Reggae music blaring and were very relaxed about unloading. They took many breaks to sit and visit with us. They were very friendly and wanted to give us a warm Hawaiian welcome. Apparently that means kissing me on the cheek before they left.

So what do you do after all your stuff arrives and the sunburns are healed?





Back to the beach!

We are trying to get everything unpacked. But with the beach and ocean 5 minutes away, we are a little distracted.


We welcome anyone who wants to come for a visit!






And can't wait to show you around this beautiful island!

10 comments:

Wendy said...

I can't believe you are actually in Hawaii! So relieved your stuff came . . .and I love your backyard. I can't wait to come visit!

Whitney said...

JEALOUS!!! Olivia and I wish we could be there. We miss you all so much! Beautiful backyard & beach! Love it. Keep posting! I cant wait to see more pictures!

Allens, Inc. said...

And just imagine, you weren't sure you wanted to go there... What fun! It looks so beautiful and fresh and SUNNY! We would love to come visit. Don't know if we could pull it off, but if we can we will. So glad everything is going well and that you have all your things now. Will be looking forward eagerly to more posts about Hawaiian adventures.

Melanie Rae Gibson said...

So much fun! I hope we get to come see you there!

Jeppson Clan said...

Aloha! I'm so glad you guys made it and finally got your stuff! You've packed a lot of fun adventures in this summer! Totally jeal' you got to see the Norris'. Awesome.

Cabin grandma said...

I'm so glad I finally looked at blogs! I love all the pictures! I can't believe that is where you really are! I must come visit so I can imagine you there. Keep posting pictures! Miss you!

Crowntown said...

Wow! It looks so fun! Is there anyone else on that beach? It looks like the whole island is yours! :)

Anne Dougherty said...

Seriously!!! You guys are in Hawaii!!!

Shelese said...

What a fun blog you have! Love your posts. They make me miss you guys though :( I hope Noah has a good Primary teacher!! Tell him hi for me. Give grace and Lucy a big hello from jessika and Lisa too.

Norris Fam said...

Yay I have internet again...and I'm so glad I could get all caught up on your life in paradise. You guys look like you're having a great time! We're totally coming...soon!