Saturday, March 1, 2008

One Month Old

I cannot believe it has been a month since little Jake has come to our family. I feel like I have experienced just about every emotion possible in the past month. Everything from frustration to adoration! I love this new little baby and I am so grateful I have the opportunity to raise this sweet child of God. I just keep telling myself that there is nothing like a newborn and that this time is going to go so fast and I need to enjoy every moment. We have many moments when Jake is fussy and does not want to be put down. There are times when I think I am never going to get anything done because he won't stop crying. And of course there are the sleepless nights when it is just Jake and I and I think "why does everyone else get to sleep but me?" But I try to keep a posiitive attitude and remember that this time won't last forever. I have had some very sweet moments in the middle of the night when I am changing yet another diaper, and Jake looks at me and smiles and I cherish these quiet moments with this new sweet baby!
So, at one month old Jake is 7 lbs. This is an approximate weight. I stood on the scale with him in my arms and then alone and did the math. This was somewhat of a depressing moment as I realized I have a long ways to go to get back to my skinny weight and also because I realized Jake is growing too fast! Jake is also sleeping a 3-4 hour stretch at night and I am so grateful for that! He is starting to wear 0-3 month clothes and has started smiling at us. He has already been given the nickname of Little Jakey by most of us. Although Lucy still calls him Jake Larry. We have been so lucky to have Grandma Bird and Grandma and Grandpa Ogden come visit us. They have all loved their new grandson! We appreciate the help and the visits. We are excited to see what this next month brings!

6 comments:

Whitney said...

hi holly!
i think jake is so cute! i have a blog now. www.wmsmith.blogspot.com.
i hope all is going ok.

Norris Fam said...

That picture is so cute! I feel bad for myself that I can't be there to hold him and make you soup and bread sticks!

That package I sent to you came back to me for some reason, maybe I wrote the address down wrong. I'll get it re-mailed soon!

Melanie Rae Gibson said...

I can't wait to hold him! He is just so sweet! Oh, and I would love to talk Isaiah with you anytime... :)

Wendy said...

What an adorable baby. Hang in there and enjoy every moment. It does go way too fast!

Brenna said...

He is so cute. I am so excited for you to come see us!

Cabin grandma said...

that has to be one of the cutest pictures ever. I miss that boy! I can't wait to come back in a few weeks. Thank you for sharing your feelings with us. Being a new mom is an amazing experience with so many feelings. You described it perfectly.