Tuesday, March 18, 2008

123rd Page, 5th Sentence Tag

My sister Wendy tagged me with this topic. I am supposed to grab the book closest to me and write the 5th sentence on the 123rd page. The book is Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe.

"Look at my face, - look at my hands, - look at my body," and the young man drew himself up proudly; "why am I not a man, as much as anybody?"

Ok, so this book was given to me to read by my Mom. It is one of her favorite books. I have picked it up and started it 3 times now and have not even made it to the 123rd page! But I really liked this sentence as it says a lot about the theme of the book (as far as I can tell!) It is the story about a slave and his life as he is sold and mistreated. Now that I have found this sentence, I want to start, and more importantly, finish reading this book!

I tag Brenna, Melanie and Carrie!

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Mom and Amy keep telling me that Uncle Tom's Cabin is a "life changing" book. I started it once, but couldn't get into it. I will have to try again. Let me know what you think.

Wendy said...

Oh, and I like the new look of your blog. The new picture of Jake is adorable! What a sweet baby.

Cabin grandma said...

come on! read the book!
that picture of Jake is so cute. Love that baby!

Amber M. said...

Thanks for leaving me your link...I'll be checking back often. We need to do lunch again soo now that the weather is nicer. Sam can't wait to play with Noah.

Jeppson Clan said...

Holly Check your email!

Norris Fam said...

I did the tag, check my blog!

Norris Fam said...

I looked at Emily's blog last night and I left her a comment. Is she going to think I'm crazy???